Thanks for stopping by to check out my portfolio section. Primarily focused on my toy career and doll design. I worked at Mattel Inc. since 1998 until 2015.
Stay tuned for my sub-categories on ART, SKETCHBOOK, & DESIGN, where I will eventually fill up with some of my original work. Coming soon!
• Graduated from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in DTLA with a Fashion Design degree in 1997.
• I received the Nolan Miller scholarship to participate in FIDM’s Fashion Show (Debut ’98) in March 1998 to showcase my student fashion collection.
• Joined Mattel in April 1998 as a temp Assistant Designer, not realizing at the time it would be a dream job for many years to come.
• Worked as Designer, Sr. Designer, Manager, Sr. Manager, all the way to Creative Director for Barbie.
• I led a design team (from toy/fashion designers, graphics designers, model makers, sample makers, & development/production designers) to create / design / consult on Barbie’s toy line, online presence (website & social media, like Barbie’s Instagram), helped art direct some of Barbie’s animated movies, gaming, & consulted on some consumer products, plus much more.
• Worked & designed numerous popular doll products including Barbie’s fashion mainline dolls, Barbie’s sisters & friends, Ken, Beauty Cuties, Shakira doll, Mary Kate & Ashley dolls, My Scene Barbie, Monster High.
• Designed the current sculpt (head & body) of the Ken doll that is on toy shelves now.
• I had the pleasure of creating an original doll line for Mattel, called MyScene Barbie, that ran over 7 years. It was a big hit in Mexico.
• Because of MyScene, I also got the chance to be a guest judge on an episode of Project Runway, called All Dolled Up. (Season 2/Episode 3)
• I designed the doll sculpts (head & body) for the 5 original Monster High dolls based off a story idea from other Mattel designers. MH became a super hit & #2 fashion doll after Barbie.
• Collaborated with Stardoll.com to help design the Stardoll by: Barbie doll line for Mattel.
• I’ve had the honor of receiving numerous recognitions & accolades during my tenure at Mattel, including the Elliot Handler Award for Excellence in Design, a nomination from Women in Toys 2012 for Best Designer, & received a 2012 Barbie Award for my contributions in toy design for inspiring girls to believe anything is possible, given by Mattel Mexico.
After all that and 17 years later, I decided to leave my unique corporate job in early 2015 to focus my energy on my family & being a hands-on creative.
Hope you enjoy checking out my blog! Connect with me if you are interested in possible collaborations, click CONTACT link.
Look forward to hearing from you!